Tuesday, March 25, 2014

South Park: The Stick of Truth [Online Game Code]


South Park: The Stick of Truth [Online Game Code]








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

review

It is finally here! And let me tell you, this game is truly what I expected, and what I expected was an extremely fun, humorous, raunchy, Paper Mario battle esque, 20+ hour long, South Park Episode! I chose 5 stars because I expected it to be a 5 star game and, in my eyes, it is. My $60 well spent. I will point out some key things that I think people should be aware of, then I will go into the review.



Bugs: I have not encountered any bugs at all while playing over 5 hours of the PC version. I installed in on Steam so I can play it from any of my PC's, and it's been running smoothly ever since.



Rated Mature: This game has nudity, cussing, and lots and lots of digestive activity. It's awesome, but I wouldn't recommend little kids playing it unless they've seen a bunch of South Park episodes and they are numb to it. It's really harmless unless you get offended easily.



South Park Viewers & Nonviewers: I would recommend this game to people who have watched South Park and are even just a little familiar with itif they like RPG games. Even my girlfriend who prefers Family Guy thought it looked fun.



On to the review-



Gameplay 5/5



The open world is great. I smiled when I first saw the town mapped out. I never knew Cartman lived right next to Butters. The way that you move around is standard for a game like this, and the combat system is pretty cool. The options you get as far as items, abilities, money, and junk seems endless so far. I found some pretty cool stuff in a lot of rooms, especially upstairs in Cartman's house. The biggest reason this is a 5/5 is because I feel like I am in an actual South Park episode doing whatever I please.



Sound 5/5



It doesn't play loudly in the beginning while you're running around; but, the background music is awesome/hilarious. The sound fx are way cool and the voice acting (done by the creators of South Park) is truly exactly like the game. I haven't heard a lot of the Boss music or anything like that yet because I've been exploring, but so far, it's great.



Visuals 5/5



As stated above, I feel like I'm in a South Park episode the entire game. The graphics are truly the best job I've seen at taking a TV show and turning into a game. Each character is spot on and the buildings are too. I am running an i7 and a GeForce graphics card which is overkill for this, but it looks tremendous. I've seen some reviews online saying that some bugs include choppiness and screen tearing, but I have not witnessed anything of that sort.



Fun Factor 5/5



The fun has not ended for me and I don't see it ending for a while. Everything I've done in the game has made me laugh or smile. I'll update this as time goes on.



Replay Value ??



Will update this after I finish the game and will tell you if it's any different. I am a Jew (character class) but I will probably be a Thief next time around. I'm sure it's the same story line but hopefully they add some DLC.



Overall 5/5



This is truly a must-have item if you are a South Park fan like me. This is something that I would even recommend to people who enjoy watching South Park whenever it's on, or even to people who like RPG's and are a little familiar with South Park. If you are easily offended by toilet humor, then this isn't your game. I'll update this review in the future and of course let you all know if I encounter any bugs or things that I don't like about it, because so far, I haven't found anything of the sort.



In the words of Cartman, this game is "sweeeeeet". Am I sure? "I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive."