Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Get Outlast [Online Game Code]


Get Outlast [Online Game Code]








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

Review

This review is for the PS4 version of the game:



I'll start by telling you a bit about myself. I'm a 29 year old survival horror junkie. Growing up with the likes of Resident Evil and Silent Hill, I was spoiled at an early age. Unfortunately the gaming industry has turned it's collective back on the classic survival horror experience. Replacing it with FPS and action game elements that create little to no atmosphere and tension. That being said, Outlast is a phenomenal game that reminds me of survival horror's glory days. The game is so wonderfully crafted and produced that non-genre fans will enjoy it as well. But for survival horror junkies like me, this one hits the nail on the head. It has all the ingredients to satisfy our craving for the twisted, macabre, insane, and downright nasty. This is one of the most violently disturbing games I have ever played.



The story is pretty basic but effective enough to engross and keep you intrigued. You play as an investigative journalist named Miles Upshur who is set to explore and gather any information he can in the abandoned insane asylum called Mount Massive. Gameplay is unique for the genre in that you don't actually fight your enemies. You run, hide, and do anything you can to avoid being seen and inevitably killed. So there is a bit of a stealth aspect which is fun. You are armed only with a camcorder that comes equipped with night vision. There are many dark and pitch black areas in the game so this becomes a very useful tool. The camcorder runs on batteries that can be found hidden throughout the asylum.



The game can get overly difficult at times and turn frustrating. There are a couple parts in particular that had me pissed. Overall though it's an incredibly enjoyable experience that is truly a gem in the genre. The graphics are gorgeous. There is a hint of film grain which I personally love (think Silent Hill 2). I hope my review helps you make a decision on this game. If you own a PS4 and are subscribed to PS+ the game is free for the month of February 2014. Happy Valentines Day to me!!!



-Cenpaldj