Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Get Wildstar [Online Game Code]


Get Wildstar [Online Game Code]








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

Review

This is a game I came across only a short time ago and have since researched as much as I could. I was apprehensive at first, worried about how the combat looked and how the art style might grate on me, but then I played it. I got into the beta and tried it, I've experienced up to the end of March "surprise" beta, right before the new U.I launches.



The combat works well. In fact the gameplay works well as a whole, the way the movement works (double-jumps, rolling, sprinting even on mounts) with the action based combat I found fights (even against normal NPC's) fun. The movement and the combat is incredibly fluid and not at all slow or clunky, it's certainly different than FFIV/WoW/SWToR (the most recent MMO's I've played)



The first few levels felt a bit grindy, granted I didn't care because I was enjoying rolling and the combat system so much I tended to notice my quests were all completed and I was still mowing down lines of mobs I'd out leveled. But then I reached group content. PvP is fresh. Healing in PvP in this game is also the most fun I've had healing. For healing you can design how you play, it doesn't have to be a U.I. mini-game of clicking and casting.



You need to roll out of the way of player attacks, get the hang of sprinting and know how to aim your own spells. Even heals. You can design a healer around spells that need to be aimed as well, getting rid of that U.I. mini-game, or as I did you can pick spells that are more classic, involving targeting and group healing. DPS involves knowing how to aim, catching multiple people within the swing of your sword to hit all of them, and making sure they don't dash away from your cast as soon as it finishes.



Killing mobs was fun, quests were fantastic (multiple different types of quests: killing, collecting, turning on generators that require mini-games, connecting wires, all with unique mini-game interfaces instead of just right clicking) PvP was hectic and the game modes were unique. And then I reached the first layer of PvE group content. Group content in this game is hard, even at very low levels.



In the first adventure you choose your own adventure, literally voting on how each chapter of it will play out. Are you going to rescue to prison guards held hostage by the escaped inmates? Or do you leave them to die in order to reach the armory before the inmates? Bosses use the active combat system too, only their telegraphs are large, hit incredibly hard at times, and are constant. Even as a healer I couldn't stand still and not pay attention, and I found myself almost always out of focus (mana) because players weren't used to having to constantly avoid attacks, especially at level 15.



I could go on and on about the features I've seen, and I've only reached level 20. But the recurring theme is, the game isn't fully optimized yet, the slick new U.I. system isn't in, but the mechanics and gameplay are fantastic to play with. I found myself doing tasks beyond their completion point instead of desperately trying to grind through them, I found myself changing my abilities constantly to try new ones out and design completely different play styles, all before level 21. The game is fun, it's vision seems solid, and most of all -- The dev's are listening.



----------



It's been a while, open beta is over. The review could use an update.



Dungeons are fantastic.



I can't even segway into that, it just needs to be said. I mentioned earlier in the review how i found myself just mindlessly pulling and blowing up groups of mobs, even after quests had ended. I though the combat was fun then, the mechanics in this game are absolutely fantastic in group content. The very first dungeons at level 20 are the easiest in the game, yes, but that does not mean they are easy.



Trash mobs, bosses, events. Everything has been designed by the second, as the Dev's mentioned at Pax this "by the second" mentality means they make sure there is a mechanic going at all times, and fighting is always fun. Healers, tanks, everyone needs to be aware of what bosses and trash mobs are doing, even at level 20, or everyone will die. Dungeons also give rewards (medals) based on performance and how many challenges you are able to complete, as well as how quickly you can do them, coupled with your groups stats. Nothing is handed to anyone in this game, even at entry level.



Housing turned out to be spectacular. People have created entire skate parks to grand pianos made out of over 700 pieces. Only having access to entry level plugs in beta I made my one story into a two story house just buying 2x4's, it wasn't much, but the knowledge that I could literally get basic building parts and do whatever I wanted was just... fun. It made me excited.



PvP is fluid. I started playing and boy did I die. A lot. Blinded by colors and sucking at aiming completely described level 6 me. By level 10 I already had the hang of it, it isn't as complicated as it sometimes seems in videos, aiming in PvP is something that catches on pretty quick, and now tab targeting seems to simple for me to enjoy now that beta is over. The game is launching with two battlegrounds, the third is announced already as well as there being 40v40 Warplots (with perma loss!), arenas and world PvP.



This game was fun when I played beta in April, but it managed to get even better. Group content is fantastic, the game is beautiful, it's full of features and most of all it feels complete. It's rare to see a "complete" MMO. This game is launching with two raids, a fully implemented PvP system, full housing system as well as player/mount customization, reputation, crafting, 15 months of post-release content and monthly updates already set. They know what makes other games fail, they know what the problems other games have had, they've developed WildStar for almost 10 years now. It's amazing to see such a complete game and such a prepared team. I'm not worried about it falling off, I hope you aren't either.