Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Get Metro 2033 [Download]


Get Metro 2033 [Download]








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

Review

I read a of the reviews and was very skeptical. However, I am happy with the game and highly recommend it.



I go into every game without any pre-conceived notion of what I think they should be. Other reviewers whining about Stalker this... Fallout that... what a crock. Each game should stand on it's own and this one does. Sure it isn't perfect. I have only played a couple I thought were, so it's easy to want to set the bar to high. However, this is an extremely engrossing game. The graphics are awesome. Also, I guess if you are using an old Atari you might have problems running it. I am having no problem playing it on a 3 year old 2.3GHz dual core with 4GB Memory and a GTX280 card. I have the game set a step below the highest settings allowed on at 28" monitor at 1920x1200. The graphics on this are quite simply, very immersive and extremely well done. You really feel like you are in the subways.



Next, the complaints that it is linear are tiresome also. Some people like that style of play. Crysis is probably one of the best games ever made. However, it is very linear. Pesonally, I don't always want a game with a bunch of side missions that add little to the story, if only to make the game longer. Borderlands, Fallout3, Stalker, and games like Oblivion bored me to tears because of this, while others love that style of game. To each their own I say.



Lastly, everyone likes different things. When I was younger I like the games with big inventories, having to sleep to heal, collecting stuff, building levels and so forth. However, as I've gotten older I just want to play a great game. The simple FPS where you arm yourself and go to work kind of games are my choice now. I don't want to spend a week creating my charater and buidling up levels or over thinking what gun... what ammo, take the side quest, save the princess, where am I on the map... I just want to play. F.E.A.R., Crysis, COD4, FarCry, Half-Life, Bioshock to name a few are just like Metro. Your character is determined, your destination is linear, and there aren't lots and lots of choices, but it is engrossing and fun with just the right mix while keeping the game moving.



So, if you are looking for a game that is fun, looks great, and is worth buying... Metro 2033 is a pretty good choice.