Friday, November 21, 2014

Buy Link amiibo


Buy Link amiibo








button



CUSTOMER REVIEW

Review

NOTE: This review is in regards to amiibo interaction with Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.



I can't say Nintendo is the first to implement collectible figures that interact with games. In fact, they are kind of late to the game. What I can say is that the quality and value you expect from Nintendo games carries over into these figures and, regardless of your age, they will make your gaming experience even more enjoyable.



To be honest, I was a bit skeptical about the concept. If something like amiibo came out when I was a child during the N64 era I would have been obsessed with it. However, things like this just don't appeal to me as much as an adult. I've never given as much as a thought to Skylanders or Disney Infinity. But, in typical Nintendo fashion, nostalgia pulled me in and made me give it a chance.



If you've ever played Super Smash Bros. Melee, you'll notice that these figures bear a striking resemblance to the trophies you were awarded during gameplay. I put countless hours in Melee during the GameCube days and still pick it up every now and then. I figured: even if I don't enjoy using amiibo, it would be a nice memory from my childhood to hold onto. As it turns out, I don't think I'll be able to put it down.



Gaming with amiibo is kind of like gaming with a friend. I say "kind of" because you don't get the usual banter you share with a friend as you smash them into the stratosphere. (Nintendo marketing team: please make a line of sassy talking amiibo) What you do get is a partner to battle with and against that grows with you and develops a unique personality. If I trained with another amiibo, I'm certain the experience would be different. Somehow Nintendo designed these figures to develop the kind of quirks you see in everyday people - little unique elements that stick out.



From a technological standpoint alone it was pretty amazing. From a gamer's perspective, where you immerse yourself in the game and become a part of it, it was magical. As I play more and more it continues to enhance my experience and surprise me with new functionality that makes it feel like MY amiibo. It can't say enough about how amazed I am with these things.



Physically, the figure is fantastic. I would gladly have paid something close to the $12.99 MSRP for the figure without NFC functionality based on its quality. It makes me confident that, if I ever do retire my fighting partner, it'll be more than just a reminder of the Melee trophies from my childhood; it will be a reminder of the fun times I had with my quirky little fighting buddy.